Wednesday, July 22, 2009

They Can Hear!


I wasn't going to post tonight but I came into the room this afternoon, saying "Hello Pups" and all of the puppies woke up. I tried again tonight after teaching and, sure enough, they all roused. So, their ears are open, their eyes are working and they can walk. This is what we've been waiting for but boy, are we in trouble now.

Mr Brown is in great shape, gaining weight and though not totally healed, getting close. Raz continues to gain, even she is still the small fry. Everyone else is over 3 pounds.

I posted more photos and a brief video. All the pups are crashed or crashing because I'd just given them their Albon, treatment for diarrhea. It tastes horrible and so it's a tough time for them. I mix it with some yogurt but it doesn't cover the bitterness. I wish I didn't have to do it but, like cod liver oil for kids in the '30s, it's for their own good. However, they do sleep afterwards.

Off to bed!

No comments: