Wednesday, December 30, 2009

Heading Home!



The house is growing quiet and is already much cleaner :-). I always revel in this week: It's always nice when our lives return to normal but I love even more when the new owners share their joy and excitement over their new pup's first week home. I love the calls, the stories, the questions. I love to hear about the flights home (so far, all the pups have been good), the first night, the first night the pup sleeps through the night :-), new adventures, new training. All of it.

Early yesterday morning, Mr Blue headed to Manitoba. An hour or so later, Miss Raspberry flew off to Louisiana. An hour after that, Lauran (and Katie) came to pick up Skye before the snow arrives. Mr Rust then left this morning. Peggy Sue now has a Peggy-Sue-sized x-pen, with her own bed, potty area and toys. We're kicking into house-breaking with her, too. She's starting on her training--little things like learning to sit for her meals, wait to come out the gate, walking nicely on leash and more. Of course, there is an equal amount of playing, cuddling, visiting.

It's hard to believe that our part is done with the pups. What fun we had with them. Hopefully, we prepared them well for their lives and we will all enjoy them for the rest of their lives. Even if the time feels like it was short, my body is telling me that I've earned a rest so I'm off to do so.

I hope you've enjoyed following the Southerners. You'll be able to see them on the Gaylan's website soon. I'll post more about Peggy Sue as things develop.

Gayle

4 comments:

Coreena said...

Aww Ms. Peggy Sue is the lone puppers! I wish I had room for her! She is just precious! Enjoy the quiet of only one puppy! :-D

Gaylan's Golden Retrievers said...

Not to worry, Dreamer is keeping Peggy company and she had lots of visitors today.

Deb said...

Sounds like Peggy Sue is enjoying her last puppy left status a lot more than Page did! Enjoy the quiet time and get some rest. I can't wait to "meet" the newest members of the Gaylan's family!

Unknown said...

Pleas-trying to contact you but the website gives me an address that comes right back. Peggy Sue-inquiry-and pup inquiries too-please write very sincere=sharon--katsnkanines@yahoo.com